Colombian-born Jono Castano is one of the world’s leading celebrity personal trainers.
Having recently opened his own ACERO Gym in Sydney, he has made a name for himself as a body transformation coach, helping his clients to impressive long-lasting results.
With this five-move circuit – taken from Castano’s six-week Body Transformation programme at Live Now – you’re going to do 1 minute of each exercise, moving from one to the other with minimal rest.
Once one round is complete, rest a further minute, then repeat for a total of 4-5 rounds.
The Fat-Burning Circuit
1a. Squat Trunk Rotation
- With a dumbbell in hand, use both hands to push out away from your chest.
- Start with your feet shoulder-width apart, sit back and squat to the lowest part you feel comfortable, with your knees driving out and back staying straight.
- Come back up and rotate your torso to the left, then right.
1b. DB Shoulder Press
- Using a set of dumbbells, start at your shoulders and punch to the sky.
- Control the tempo on the way down.
1c. Side Plank
- Start in a plank position on your palms, rotate to the right side, lifting up your right arm, pointing directly to the sky.
- Twist your feet to either be stacked on top of each other or one in front of the other.
- Repeat on the other side.
- To make it harder, you can hold a dumbbell in the air.
1d. Diamond Press-Up
- Start in a press-up position, make a diamond with your hands and have them directly under your shoulders.
- Lower yourself to the ground, keeping your elbows tucked into your body, then push up to the starting position.
1e. High Knees
- Starting in a standing position, bring your left knee to your left palm at a 90-degree angle.
- Switch to the right knee and repeat.
- Pick up the pace to fire up fat loss.