If time is at a premium this quick-fix workout will get your heart rate up and metabolism whirring in ten minutes of less.
- This workout is made up of 3 supersets.
- Do 2 rounds of each.
- Rest 30-60 secs between supersets.
1a. Prisoner Squat
Rest: Straight into 1b
- Touch your fingers to your temples and keep your elbows flared out to the sides.
- Keep your back upright and knees in line with your feet.
- Squat as low as you can without sacrificing form.
Rest: 30 secs, then repeat 1a
- Position your hands underneath your chest. Your body should form a straight line from the top of your head to your heels – think straight-arm plank, with an extra movement.
- Stay ‘tight’ throughout: clench your glutes and tighten your abs, as if you’re about to take a punch to the stomach.
- ‘Screw’ the heels of your hands into the floor. Doing so will stabilise your shoulder joints and give you more strength for each rep.
2a. Jumping Jack
Reps: 1 min
Rest: Straight into 2b
- From standing, jump your feet out to the sides while simultaneously raising your arms into an overhead clap.
- Keep your head fully upright, with your gaze directed forward.
- Hop your feet back to shoulder-width, while bringing your arms back to your sides at the same time.
2b. Turkish Get-Up
Rest: 30 secs, then repeat 2a
- Lie on the floor with one knee bent and the arm on the same side pointing straight up.
- The aim of the exercise is to get from lying to standing while continuing to point upwards.
- First, rise onto your elbow.
- Lift your hips and push up on to your hand so your body forms a straight line from head to toe.
- Bring your unsupported leg beneath you and place your toes on the floor behind you.
- Push up into a lunge position.
- Stand up and bring your feet together before reversing the movement back to the beginning.
- Keep your core braced throughout and make all your movements slow and deliberate.
3a. Side Lunge to Toe Touch
Rest: Straight into 3b
- From standing, take a big step to the side, with both feet pointing forwards.
- Lower on to your leading knee while keeping your trailing leg straight.
- With a straight back, lean forwards to touch your leading foot before pushing back to the start.
- Alternate sides with each rep.
3b. Squat Thrust
Reps: 45 secs
Rest: 30 secs, then repeat 3a
- Assume the press-up position.
- Jump your knees into your chest and back out again, returning to the press-up position.