F45 Tooting trainer Jack Healy guides you through a short and sharp every minute on the minute (EMOM) workout you can do anywhere.
“Training doesn’t need to be overly complicated to be effective, nor do we need to spend hours repping it out,” says Healy.
“In your garden or front room, you’ll complete a specific task at the start of every minute within a certain timeframe. In this workout you must complete the number of reps of the exercise on that minute and the remaining time is used to rest before progressing to the next minute.
“This EMOM workout can be particularity useful when measuring the progression of your fitness during lockdown. It allows for adaptation, progressions and tracking of the workout.
“A simple adaptation is either progressing the reps per minute or the length of the session.”
Ice Skaters x 40
- Start by standing on one leg.
- Drop into a slight squat position.
- Jump sideways to the right while landing on your right leg and bring the left leg behind your right ankle.
- Then reverse the direction with the opposite actions, swinging your arms side to side to create more momentum.
Squat Jumps x 25
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart.
- Initiate the movement by engaging your core.
- Drive your hips back, bending at the knees into a squat position.
- Aim to reach a parallel position. From there, jump explosively up.
- Your chest should be up and arms can be used to create more momentum.
- When landing, lower your body back into a squat position and go again.
Burpees x 12
- Start in a standing position. Squat down, placing hands onto the floor in front.
- Kick your feet back behind you into a high plank position.
- From there drop your chest onto the floor, then push back up and jump forward so your feet are back at the start.
- Jump up and extend your arms overhead to complete the movement.
(Repeat the circuit until the 15 mins is up.)
For just £20 per week you can train at home with the F45 Tooting team, with unlimited strength and cardio classes on Zoom. To find out more email email@example.com and follow @f45_training_tooting on Instagram.