Fire up your fitness with this full-body, five-move bodyweight circuit from Joel Freeman, Super Trainer for home fitness app beachbodyondemand.com
Do each move for 50 secs, with 15 secs rest between moves. Rest for 60-90 secs at the end of the round and aim for 3-5 rounds in total.
1a. Squat to Lunge
- Begin in a neutral stance, with feet hip-width apart and your arms crossed over your chest.
- Bend your knees to bring your backside down towards your heels, keeping the weight more in your heels than your toes. Keep your knees in line with your toes without pushing forward, so your chest stays lifted.
- Stop at knee height before coming back up.
- Keeping your feet hip-width apart, step your right leg back into a long stride and bend your back knee to take both legs into a 90-degree position, stopping before your back knee touches the ground. Keep your bodyweight centered between both legs and don’t allow your front knee to push over your front toe.
- Step forward, then repeat with the left leg.
1b. Front Lunge with Torso Twist
- Begin in a neutral stance, with feet hip-width apart and arms crossed over your chest.
- Keeping feet hip-width apart, step your right leg forward into a long stride and bend your back knee to take both legs into a 90-degree position, stopping before your back knee touches the ground. Keep your weight centered between both legs, not allowing your front knee to push over your front toe.
- Staying in this lunge position, rotate your shoulders to twist your torso in the same direction as your forward leg, keeping your hips square to the front.
- Step back, then repeat on the left side.
1c. Glute Bridge with Alternating Leg Lift
- Lie on your back with knees bent and your feet on the floor.
- Keeping your shoulders on the ground, lift your hips upward into a bridge position, keeping your weight in your heels.
- Staying in this bridge, lift and extend your right leg straight out, then raise it towards the sky.
- Bend your knee to reset and repeat with your left leg.
- Lower back to the lying position and repeat.
1d. Triceps Press-Up with Alternating Leg Lift
- Begin on your stomach, with your hands directly underneath your shoulders.
- Press your body up into a high plank position.
- Staying in this high plank position, lift your right leg as high as your range will allow, but keeping your hips and shoulders square to the floor.
- Lower and repeat with your left leg, staying in the plank.
- Lower back down to the floor.
1e. High Plank Twist with Oblique/Leg Crunch
- Begin in a high plank with hands directly underneath your shoulders.
- Shift your weight onto your right side as you open your body towards the side, extending your left arm to the sky and keeping your hips lifted.
- Staying in the side plank, lift your left leg up, then bring your left elbow and knee into an oblique crunch.
- Extend your leg back out, then rotate back into the high plank.
- Repeat on the other side.