GB powerlifting champ Rob Rees takes you through a simple workout to ramp up the number of reps you can manage.
“This is two circuits of three exercises, each one taking 15-25 minutes depending on how many rounds are done,” says PerformancePro coach Rob Rees.
“Each circuit starts with a lower rep compound exercise, followed by a moderate rep hypertrophy exercise, then a higher rep conditioning/power endurance movement.
“Alternate week to week by increasing either load or number of rounds performed. It’s a full-body programme aimed at developing strength endurance and work capacity.”
4-6 rounds, 30-60 secs rest between exercises
- Romanian deadlift x 6-8 reps
- Incline dumbbell bench press x 10-12 reps
- Kneeling medicine ball slam x 12-15 reps
3-6 rounds, 30-60 secs rest between exercises
- Barbell bench press x 6-8 reps
- Rear foot elevated split squat x 10-12 reps
- Kettlebell swing x 12-15 reps
PerformancePro is a performance-based personal training studio in London. For training tips, or to find out more about Rob Rees and the team, visit performancepro.fitness