Tackle this 20-minute AMRAP from Grant King, ex-British Army and founder of MF London – then have a lie down.
- Complete 12 reps (calories for the air bike and row) of each exercise.
- Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes.
1a. BB Back Squat
- Position the bar across your upper-back, with feet shoulder-width apart.
- Brace your core, hinge at the hips and squat down, keeping your chest up.
- Squat until your hips are just below your knees (breaking parallel).
- Drive back up through your heels, keeping your knees out and chest up.
1b. Air Bike
- When pedalling make sure your legs are slightly bent in the lower position.
- Use your arms as well as your feet to generate as much power as possible.
1c. BB Deadlift
- Stand with shins touching the bar.
- Push your hips back to engage the hamstrings, then squat down and grab the bar with a shoulder-width grip.
- Lift your chest up, keep your lower back straight and straighten your arms.
- Brace your core and lift, driving through your heels to standing.
- Lower with control and repeat.
- Strap your feet in.
- Holding onto the handle, lock out your arms and bend your knees.
- As you start to slightly lean back, drive through your legs.
- Keep your arms straight for as long as possible, then pull them through at the last moment.
- Return arms first and begin to slide forward, flexing your knees.
1e. BB Thruster
- Place the barbell in the front rack position and raise your elbows to keep the weight supported on your frame.
- Squat down, keeping your chest up.
- Power up and, as soon as you reach the top part of your squat, thrust the barbell overhead into a full press.
- Bring the bar back to the rack position.
1f. Box Jump
- Start by standing in front of the box with feet shoulder-width apart.
- Bend your knees and jump onto the box, making sure your whole foot is fully on the box, and stand up straight.
- Step down one foot at a time.
1g. BB High Pull
- Stand holding the bar in the top of a deadlift.
- Slightly lean forward by pushing your hips back, keeping the bar in contact with your legs.
- Once the bar has reached just above your knee, explode your hips forward, shoulder shrug and lift the bar up with elbows flared, keeping the bar close to your body.
- Lift to just below chin height, then lower with control.
- Stand tall with your feet hip-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Push your hips back, bend your knees, and squat down, placing your hands on the floor.
- Hop your feet back into a high plank.
- (Optional: do a press-up, keeping your elbows tucked and lowering your body until your chest is within a few inches of the floor.)
- Jump your feet back to your hands, then explode upward, swinging your arms above your head as your feet leave the floor.
- Land softly and immediately begin the next rep.